Digital Creative Director - Auckland
First time on the market in 12 years! High impact role with huge creative freedom.
We’re looking for Digital Creative Director to help steer the ship and deliver great experiences and great design.
You’ll be joining a small and highly functional team, with an interesting and challenging book of work lined up up ahead of you. This includes redesigns of very successful platforms for existing long-term clients, alongside new projects and fresh designs.
This is hands-on role, with considerable scope to define workflows, and set the standard for a principled approach to design and user experience.
Why Sparks might be your next gig:
- You do great work that deserves to be seen by millions of people
- Typography, photography, videography, good writing and audience empathy are the tools of your trade
- You thrive on ideas and are looking for a respectful, supportive team environment where you can do your best work
Work coming up includes:
- Destination marketing and much-loved brands that need emotion, wit and an expert eye to deliver effective online experiences and measurable campaign KPI growth
- Joining the dots between content marketing and landing pages to create visual narratives for clients in retail/commerce/education/health
- Not-for-profit and pro bono work where your design will make a real difference
The day-to-day work is a mix of creative direction and practical layout design. You’ll work alongside our UX/Design person in the Auckland studio to plan and define layouts, and with the front-end team across both Auckland and Wellington to deliver user interfaces.
Scamping, prototyping, Photoshop/Sketch are all part of the current role, and you’d be responsible for final_final layouts and art direction throughout the process to maintain clarity and creative excellence in the finished product.
This is a leadership position in the studio, and with clients. It is expected that you’ll be able to lead projects towards exceptional outcomes, and the design delivered has to be technically and creatively excellent - typically reaching large audiences and enduring over the long term.
We’re looking to see good work and the ability to talk us through it. You may already be in a digital creative director role or an experienced designer looking to make that next step.
Success for this role looks like:
- Enthusiastic clients who trust your work and want to push boundaries
- An excited team who’ll go the extra because they believe in your vision
- You love your work and are proud to share achievements
Get in touch and let’s talk it through.
Digital Creative Director
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with links to sites you’ve worked on, and a CV for reference. It would be great to hear your thoughts about the role in a cover letter, and if you have any questions just ask!