Front end developer / engineer
UPDATE: Auckland role is now filled. Wellington still considering options.
We see this going a couple of different ways:
1. Typical cut-up and build, where you'd take the designs and turn them into templates and themes:
- Working with designers and back end developers to resolve issues
- Bringing a high level of proficiency with applications and code
- To produce clean, compliant and well thought out HTML and CSS
- Effective use of .js libraries and scripting to drive interaction
Which is, we guess, the pretty standard job doing the rounds these days. We would prefer:
2. You get the full stack but lead from the front:
- But have paid your dues coding from scratch and solving problems on your own
- You've worked optimising code and liked it
- Designers and server-side coders both love you
- You chose front end development because it is pretty awesome
Buzzword bonus points for HTML 5/CSS 3 and Responsive Design, we'd love to see some completed portfolio work including mobile/touch.
At Sparks we are doing some interesting, and really good, work. We're nice people and this is a role where you'll be respected for the contribution you make to building a better internet one line of code at a time.
Get in touch and let us know what you think: email@example.com.